Monday, March 23, 2015

Umm..Pump Life?

So you might have been surprised about the random mention about having an insulin pump.

It might have caught you off guard just a tad...didn't I write an entire post about the reasons why I did not want an insulin pump? Why yes, yes I did. And you can read it here ---> 15 Reasons Why I don't have a Pump

If you don't want to read the article...here is my 15 reasons:

  1. My brother had a pump and to say the least, it gave him so much trouble. 
  2. I played a lot of sports. An insulin pump would only add extra stress to my life.
  3. I hate adhesive and sticky things. 
  4. I sweat a lot when exercising..therefore needed to use more adhesive/stickyness on the pump site.
  5. I toss around in my sleep, I would get wrapped up in the cord. 
  6. Omnipod is cordless but large/bulky. 
  7. My A1C was good, so my doctor didn't force the idea of a pump on me. 
  8. A pump requires more diabetic supplies to be carried. 
  9. I would have to relearn everything. 
  10. Where would I wear a pump?
  11. I didn't want to become a cyborg. 
  12. On MDI, I can have an out of site, out of mind concept about my diabetes. 
  13. I like to travel and a pump would hinder me at airports with security, all the extra supplies.. etc. 
  14. I don't mind taking shots.
  15. I was healthy on MDI.
  16. I like to say "I'm shooting up!" loudly in public, and wouldn't be able to with a pump. 
So. Those were my reasons. In the following 15 (ish) blog posts I am going to refute, discredit, and wash away all my previous misgivings about having an Insulin pump. 

So let the MDI bashing begin! 


No comments:

Post a Comment