Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring is in the air

It is officially Spring!!!

Although, it really doesn't feel like Spring yet. It's 34 degrees outside currently, and it looks like it's been ready to rain/snow all day long.

Yet I still say Spring is in the air.

I am ready for this cold and long winter to be over. I am ready for sun, shorts, dresses, and a whole new insulin pump wardrobe deciding session.

It has been almost 5 months with my Tslim Insulin pump. I have now, mostly, figured out how to wear my pump. But once it warms up, and I bring out a whole new variety of clothes that aren't sweaters, I get to figure it all out again. Not only will I have a whole new wardrobe issues, I will have to determine if the heat affects my blood sugars, site locations, swimming, and keeping my pump cool.

Only once this winter did my pump yell at me saying it was too cold to function. I was walking the streets of Chicago with some of my friends, ironically on Spring Break. We were headed to my hotel late at night. My pump was hidden from the weather, but that didn't stop the cold. Good thing I was low and needed my pump to stop giving me insulin anyway, and I was only a block away from our hotel.


These are just extra things someone with diabetes has to think of on a daily, and definitely seasonal basis!

Until next time.

May the FORCE and the INSULIN be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment