Thursday, June 12, 2014

#SWD2014 part 2



So the rest of my Students With Diabetes Conference Experience was right up there with top diabetes experiences I've ever had. 

(Diabetics were everywhere!)

On Saturday I made sure to get some exercise in with Zumba! This conference reminded me that I need to get back into taking care of other aspects of my health, not just diabetes. I need to get out and move more!  (More on that later!) 

(Gotta use those awesome Level products for those lows!)


The day started out with a few sessions which reminded me that we have been given this disease, and it's how we choose to see it that matters. So we can laugh or not, choose to take a vacation from it, ignore it, or embrace it! Diabetes is a part of me, it is engrained into my system. It is a part of me that makes me different, unique, and gives me motivation for life. 

(The bionic pancreas!) 


Someday though, a cure may be upon us, and as we heard...the bionic pancreas might be released to the public in 39months! We saw the technology, heard first hand how how it changed peoples lives for 5 days, and in ready to embrace this new technology. I might have a semi-positive diabetes outlook most of te time, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't jump upon the chance to use this new technology as soon as I can. Everyone goes through the diabetes burnout, myself totally included. 

(A1C was 7.2!) 

The day ended with some Chinese food, Chinese food insulin dosage guessing, a walk on the beach, and lastly a luau by the pool.! 

(After Chinese food at P.F Changs!)

(On the beach with some of this years upcoming JDRF interns in NYC!)

(Loving the beach weather!)

(At the luau with The beautiful and inspiring Nicole Johnson!) 

(With Nicole Johnson before we say goodbye!) 

(Paige and I!)

(The most awesome quidditch player ever Jeremy!) 

(These girls are going to rock it in NYC this summer! I wish them all the luck with JDRF! Jenni, Me, Amy, and Hannah!)

(Chilling on the beach!)

(Jenni and I!)

(Luau party!)

Whenever I feel down because of my diabetes, I have to remember that I am not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment