Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Remember when...

If you're an avid follow of my life on the blogging sphere, you should recall my blog from last summer, revolving around my life and internship in NYC. As of yesterday, three of my diabuddies had their first day of their internship with JDRF in NYC, and I can honestly say I am extremely jealous of them. 

My summer internship last year was memories I will never forget, and I know this years SWD interns are going to be amazing. From their blogs that they are writing, I've already seen the passion and love for their opportunity showing through. Again, I can't say I'm not jealous of them right now, because I am, and reading about their experiences makes me miss the big city even more. But it also renews the fire within me to get myself into a job in the Diabetes Field. 

Speaking of which, I am looking into the options. I am in contact with the Young Leadership Committee for Detroit, to see how I can help out. I am also looking at some master programs in varying aspects such as health communication. 

I forgot how exciting it is to try and figure out life and the future. Yes it is scary, but I know there is a plan, and I know I have a purpose. It just might take a long road trip to get there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment